Even the best websites can't answer every question. Here are some of the questions – and answers – that come up most frequently when we meet with customers. And if your question isn't answered here, we'll be happy to assist you individually.

What directives and regulations do your properties conform to?

What fixtures and fittings are included?

Landberg's exacting quality requirements go well beyond the statutory regulations of the Austrian Standards Institute (ÖNORM) as well as regional building and energy-efficient regulations. For example, the building specs for our project DAS Neukirchen specify the following:

  • Underfloor heating for all living areas
  • Real wood flooring in all living and dining areas as well as bedrooms. Storage areas and hallways either in parquet or tile from sample collection
  • Energy-efficient low tariff direct heating with remote access control (supplement applies)
  • High-quality fixtures and fittings such as Laufen sanitaryware, Hansgrohe mixers and Kaldewei bathtubs
  • Triple-glazed windows and window-door combinations in wood or wood and aluminium
  • Highly efficient insulation as per energy certificate
  • Individual electricity meters for each building. Cable TV and phone connection provided by the Salzburg AG utility company in each apartment
  • Solid, even-surfaced front doors with enhanced acoustic insulation, breakin protection and double mortise lock
  • Anti-freeze external taps, and insulation on cold water, hot water and circulation pipes with foil-laminated mineral wool and PVC coating

Can I make alterations to the layout, and what will they cost?

In theory, alterations can be made, but it depends on how far the project has progressed. The more work has been completed, the more costly any modifications to layout, room shape etc. will be.

What insurance is included?

The operating costs include statutory building insurance. This is taken out by the developer before construction begins and must be transferred into the new owner's name at the same time as the property. Also included is the contents insurance required for holiday lets.

What other costs are there?

Austria levies a tax on second homes. The level varies from region to region and is based on the size of the residence in question. The tax is levied every year. We will be happy to advise you on the rate that will apply to your purchase.

Who will look after my holiday home in my absence?

All on-site services such as maintenance, servicing, caretaking, rental management etc. are provided exclusively by the Landberg group of companies.

Is the purchaser the registered owner of the property that he/she buys?

Yes. The only usage restrictions are on the commercial letting of holiday homes.

Can I dispose of my property at any time?

In principle, yes. In order to minimise tax disadvantages (e.g. property revenue tax), consult a tax advisor if you intend to sell.

What levels of rental income can I expect?

Rental income varies on a case-by-case basis and depends on a number of factors, such as size and type of property, seasonal demand, and your own usage of the property. We will be happy to provide you with income estimates based on comparable properties that have already been let.

"The support we got from Landberg was excellent – comprehensive, and tailored to our needs. Chapeau!"